The Lincolnshire Union of Golf Clubs has a comprehensive Health and Safety Policy relating to golf competitions managed by the Union. Golf by its very nature can be a dangerous game, the LUGC aims to reduce the risk by applying the following guidelines to all golf competitions managed by the LUGC:
1. Players are expected to be aware of the dangers to others, the general public and to themselves.
2. If in any doubt as to the possible risk to others, due to a wayward shot, always shout ‘Fore’.
3. Mobile phones are not to be used on the course, except in an emergency.
4. All accidents are to be reported to the host club secretary or any LUGC official at the event.
5. In the event of a serious accident or medical emergency, the priority is to summon help.
6. In the event of thunderstorms, play will be suspended. One long blast of the klaxon will indicate that play shall cease immediately.