The Seniors Championship
18 HOLES STROKE PLAY – QUALIFIER
Current Holder: Clive Skinns – Woodhall Spa Golf Club
The 2019 SENIORS CHAMPIONSHIP will be played at Stoke Rochford Golf Club on Wednesday 12th June.
For more information about the venue, go to www.stokerochfordgolfclub.co.uk
The entry form for this event is now available. Please click here to enter this event.
The County Senior Amateur Champion, runner up and third place (gross) will receive Midland Senior OOM points.
1. To be eligible to enter a competitor must comply with the Lincolnshire Union of Golf Clubs qualifications, namely:-
(a) he must be of Amateur Status as defined by the R & A.
(b) he must be a member of an affiliated club in the County Union or must have been born in the county and be a member of an affiliated club in another county.
(c) he must not have taken part in a golf championship of another County Union during the calendar year.
Entrants must have attained the age of 55 years ON or BEFORE the day of the championship.
Handicaps must not exceed 14.4 on the date of entry and must be active.
4. Entries will be placed in groups as follows:
GROUP A age 55 – 59 GROUP B age 60 – 64 GROUP C age 65 – 69 GROUP D age 70 plus.
5. Where entries are excessive, theywill be reduced as follows:
(a) higher handicaps (exact) will be set aside.
(b) any ties for last place(s) will be decided by ballot.
(c) players eliminated will be placed on a waiting list in handicap (exact) order.
6. All competitors must comply with Rule 4.1 (Form and Make of Clubs). The players clubs must conform with this rule and the provisions, specifications and interpretations therein.
7. Competitors will be required to play with golf balls, which are on the current R & A list.
8. Any competitor who is not present on his allotted starting tee when called upon to start will be disqualified.
9. Competitors must walk at all times during a stipulated round. The use of buggies will be prohibited unless supported by medical certificate.
10. In the event of a tie for the championship a sudden death play-off will take place.
11. Mobile phones: Use of mobile phones: As per England Golf Policy.
12. All disputes will be settled by the Championship Committee whose decision will be final.