To be played at Gainsborough GC on Wednesday 14th June 2017.
Closing date for entries is 29th May 2017.
1. To be eligible to enter a competitors must comply with the Lincolnshire Union of Golf Clubs qualifications, namely:-
(a) he must be of Amateur Status as defined by the R & A.
(b) he must be a member of an affiliated club in the County Union or must have been born in the county and be a member of an affiliated club in another county.
(c) he must not have taken part in a golf championship of another County Union during the period of 12 calendar months immediately preceding the date of the championship. Entrants must have attained the age of 55 years before the day of the championship. Handicaps must not exceed 14.4 on the date of entry and must be active.
4. Entries will be limited in groups as follows: GROUP A age 55 – 59 GROUP B age 60 – 64 GROUP C age 65 – 69 GROUP D age 70 plus.
5. Where entries are excessive, they will be reduced as follows:
(a) higher handicaps (exact) will be set aside.
(b) any ties for last place(s) will be decided by ballot.
(c) players eliminated will be placed on a waiting list in handicap (exact) order.
6. All competitors must comply with Rule 4.1. i.e. the players clubs must conform to the rule and the provisions, specifications and interpretations set forth in Appendix 11.
7. Competitors will be required to play with golf balls, which are on the current R & A list.
8. Any competitor who is not present on his allotted starting tee when called upon to start will be disqualified.
9. Competitors must walk at all times during a stipulated round.
10. In the event of a tie for the championship a sudden death play off will take place.
11. Mobile phones and mobile media devices must be switched off during the round of golf and whilst on the golf course and may only be used in case of medical emergency. Penalty for breach of rule – disqualification.
12. All disputes will be settled by the Championship Committee whose decision will be final.