To be played at Burghley Park Sunday 16th July 2017.
Closing date for entries is 26th June 2017.
1. To be eligible to enter, competitors must be of amateur status as defined by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews.
2. Handicaps shall not exceed 5.4 and must be active.
3. All competitors will be required to play with golf balls which are on the Royal and Ancient Golf Club List of conforming golf balls current at the date of the tournament.
4. All competitors must comply with Rule 4.1. i.e. the players clubs must conform with the rule and the provisions, specifications and interpretations set forth in Appendix 11.
5. Entries will be limited. Where entries are excessive they shall be reduced as follows:
(1) higher handicaps (exact) shall be set aside.
(2) any ties for last place(s) to be decided by ballot.
(3) players eliminated shall be placed on a waiting list in handicap (exact) order.
6. Any competitor who is not present on his allotted starting tee when called upon to start, shall be disqualified.
7. In the event of a tie for first place a play off shall take place over holes decided by the competition committee. Other ties shall be decided by a card play off as detailed in the Conditions of the Competition.
8. Competitors must walk at all times during a stipulated round.
9. If an entrant withdraws his entry on or after the closing date of the competition then the entry fee will not be refunded.
10. Mobile phones and mobile media devices must be switched off during the round of golf and whilst on the golf course and may only be used in case of medical emergency. Penalty for breach of rule – disqualification.
11. All disputes shall be settled by the championship committee, whose decision shall be final.