The 2019 Sir Henry Lunn Shield
36 HOLES STABLEFORD OFF FULL HANDICAP – QUALIFIER
Current Holders: Waltham Windmill Golf Club
THE 2019 SIR HENRY LUNN SHIELD will be played at Boston Golf Club on Sunday 14th July.
For more information about the venue, go to www.bostongc.co.uk
Competition Results 2018
1. To be eligible to enter a club must be affiliated to the Lincolnshire Union of Golf Clubs. In addition each player in the club team must be:-
(a) of amateur status as defined by the R & A.
(b) be a current member of the affiliated club, and in the case of multiple club memberships, be his nominated club for ALL representative county competitions, club matches and league matches, during the current year/playing season.
2. The Shield will be competed for by teams of 3 players and the aggregate of the three 36 hole scores will decide the winning Club. Any ties will be resolved by a card playoff.
3. A Club may enter 1 team, individual handicaps must not exceed 12.4, and must be active.
4. In the event of excessive entries, competing teams will be decided by ballot. The current holders and the host club will be exempt from the ballot.
5. If a player is not present on his starting tee, when called upon to start, he will be disqualified.
6. The ball used must be named on the current R & A list.
7. All competitors must comply with Rule 4.1 (Form and Make of Clubs). The players clubs must conform with this rule and the provisions, specifications and interpretations therein.
8. Competitors must walk at all times during a stipulated round. The use of buggies will be prohibited unless supported by medical certificate.
9. Mobile phones: Use of mobile phones: As per England Golf Policy.