The Amateur Championship
INCORPORATING THE CHAMPION CLUB QUALIFIER.
Current Holder: Simon Richardson – Spalding Golf Club
The 2019 AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP will be played at Belton Park Golf Club on Sunday 16th June.
The Amateur Champion will receive a handicap exemption into the Midland Open Amateur Championship and will compete for the Midland County Champion of Champions within the Open Championship. The top three places (gross) will also receive Midland OOM points.
For more information about the venue, go to www.beltonpark.co.uk
The entry form for this event is now available. Please click here to enter this event.
1. To be eligible to enter an amateur competitor must comply with the Lincolnshire Union of Golf Clubs qualifications which include:-
(a) he must be of amateur status as defined by the R & A.
(b) he must be a member of an affiliated Club in the County Union or must have been born in the county and be a member of an affiliated Club in another county.
(c) he must not have taken part in a golf championship of another County Union during the current calendar year.
2. Handicaps must not exceed 5.4 on the date of entry and must be active.
3. Champion Club Qualifier – Each club may nominate up to 3 players to compete to represent Lincolnshire in the Champion Club competition.
Best two aggregate scores to count.
4. All competitors must comply with Rule 4.1 (Form and Make of Clubs). The players clubs must conform with this rule and the provisions, specifications and interpretations therein.
5. All competitors will be required to play with golf balls which are on the current R & A list.
6. Entries will be limited to 60 (and ties). Where entries are excessive, theywill be reduced as follows:-
(a) higher handicaps (exact) will be set aside.
(b) any ties for last place will be decided by ballot.
(c) players eliminated will be placed on a waiting list in exact handicap order.
7. Competitors must walk at all times during a stipulated round. The use of buggies will be prohibited unless supported by medical certificate.
8. In the event of a tie for the Championship and/or the M. Lee Salver, a sudden death play-off will take place.
9. No competitor may receive more than one prize in the Amateur Championship.
10. Mobile phones: Use of mobile phones: As per England Golf Policy.
11. All disputes will be settled by the Championship Committee whose decision will be final.