HOTCHKIN, TAYLOR & BUTLIN CUPS
CLUB CHAMPIONS COMPETITION
18 HOLES STROKE PLAY OFF SCRATCH – QUALIFIER
18 HOLES STROKE PLAY OFF HANDICAP – QUALIFIER
Current Holders – Hotchkin Cup – Oliver Mitchell – Belton Park Golf Club Butlin Cup – Leon Leaney – Belton Park Golf Club Taylor Cup – Belton Park Golf Club
THE 2019 HOTCHKIN, TAYLOR & BUTLIN CUPS will be played at Carholme Golf Club on Sunday 8th September.
For more information about the venue, go to www.carholmegolfclub.co.uk.
The entry form for this event is now available. Please click here to enter this event.
1.All clubs affiliated to the LUGC are invited to enter:
a) their Club Gross Champion (gross), or nominee, to play in a scratch strokeplay competition for the Butlin Challenge cup, and
b) their Club Champion (Nett), or nominee, to play in a handicap strokeplay competition for the Hotchkin Challenge Cup.
The aggregate of both nett scores will contest the Taylor Challenge Cup.
Any ties will be decided by a card play-off.
2. In addition each player in the club team must be:-
a) of amateur status as defined by the R & A.
b) be a current member of the affiliated club, and in the case of multiple club memberships, be his nominated club for ALL representative county competitions, club matches and league matches, during the current year/playing season.
c) not exceed 18.4 handicap.
If both entrants are nominees, the lower of the two handicaps will contest the Scratch event.
3. If there are excessive entries, the field will be reduced by a ballot of nominees first, then by handicap. The current holders and the host club will be exempt from any ballot.
4. The ball used must be named on the current R & A list.
5. All competitors must comply with Rule 4.1 (Form and Make of Clubs). The players clubs must conform with this rule and the provisions, specifications and interpretations therein.
6. If a player is not present on his starting tee, when called upon to start, he will be disqualified.
7. Competitors must walk at all times during a stipulated round. The use of buggies will be prohibited unless supported by medical certificate.
8. Mobile phones: Use of mobile phones: As per England Golf Policy.